Tuesday 11 March 2014

And finally, the Steampunk folds......

I know its late but I had to share these photos of my star pupil's amazing Steampunk theme book now she's completed it.  This was Jan's first try at folding books and I think she has really embraced the idea of making a real talking point of her creation.  See what you think.

I love the chain with the watch round the middle and all the items she's managed to attach with wire so that they stand away from the pages.  Here's some of the detail.


And a close-up of her very neat folds


I'm so proud (like a mother hen!) and pleased that they all enjoyed the workshop and will hopefully come back for more crafting fun.  Thanks for popping over - I do appreciate every visit and comment that you leave.  Margie x

5 comments:

  1. How fantastic! Your student did such a wonderful job. This is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would be so proud too! What a fabulous Steampunk book, I would love one of those, the detail is just amazing. You are obviously a very good teacher Margie. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolute triumph in engineering, paper engineering.
    This is a showstopper.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Margie and everyone, you are very kind about my first attempt. I loved doing it and your teaching was inspiring. I can't wait to do another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margie, I have wanted to try this for a long time. Absolutely gorgeous. You set the bar high :) -Betsy at Paper Calliope

    ReplyDelete