Friday 9 August 2013

The perfect place ...

First of all, can I thank you for all the wonderful comments on my book art.  I really appreciate them and was thrilled to see that Julie Ann had even created her own and its magnificent - see it here That's amazing! 

I've also been doing more folding and thought I needed somewhere to display my books so I bought an old set of steps from a vintage barn store and leaned them against the wall in my dining room (just like I've seen in the magazines!)  I think they look rather good.


The tree shaped book is made from a paperback and you actually have to rip off both covers so that it wraps itself round and holds that shape without any glue.  The only tutorial I could find was in Spanish but I could follow the pictures.  The one on the second shelf down is an experiment and I think it would work much better in a book with lots more pages and the one on the bottom shelf is a variation on the first fold I did but it gives a bit more room at the top and bottom to add the images.  That one is going to be an Alice in Wonderland theme when I finally get all the pages folded but I thought you might like to see work in progress.  Thanks for popping in and have a great weekend!  Margie x

6 comments:

  1. Wow Margie, you have been busy! First of all I love your steps, they are beautiful and I love your new creations. I love Alice in Wonderland and it is such a great theme for one of your fabulous folded books. Look forward to seeing it finished. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute.....love using the step stool to display. My granddaughter was just in the play Alice in Wonderland. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever is that! Love that you have carried on experimenting with your book folding (did you see Tim Holtz's description of one of the booths at the recent show where they sprayed all the open books with water to make them stiff and turn them into shelving?!) Great idea with the steps too. Very designer! Love it all Margie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margie love the display and how it enhances your altered books. Guess what I am looking out for now!!!

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margie, I found your blog via Astrid and your amazing book page folding:) I was totally inspired and have had a go myself which I shall blog soon and give you a shout out. Can't wait to see your Alice in Wonderland one:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margie - I found your blog via Valerie (see above), my sister. Just thought you might want to follow this link: http://fivegoblogging.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/how-to-make-angels-and-christmas-trees.html - I've been making both Christmas trees and Angels from paperbacks following this tutorial (going to get my girls in our craft club to make them next month). The angels are particularly nice. I know Val has made a similar example to your first and bottom books so I'm sure you have a tutorial on your blog......so I'm off to have a hunt around.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete